Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I believe it's always helpful to keep in mind that there are many different ways of thinking about and looking at health and illness.  There are many different paradigms that each serve as a different lens through which we can view the body.  Even if we don't agree with all aspects of a different perspective, I think it expands our mind to just consider these possibilities and think about "what if this was true?"

In this context I would like to share this article about how the African shaman Malidoma Some has a completely different perspective on mental illness from our Western psychiatric paradigm:

http://beyondmeds.com/2012/09/03/what-a-shaman-sees/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this post from my blog...it's heartwarming to find MDs like you. If you're open to working with the people who read my blog (often they're interested in safely discontinuing psych meds and can't find competent help) I'm often asked for referrals to MDs and rarely have anyone I can confidently recommend. Let me know if you'd be interested in being included in various directories I know about.

    thank you again.

    ReplyDelete